FEMA Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS)
In Partnership with the National Alliance of State Broadcasters Association (NASBA)
and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
IPAWS Webinar: Getting Ready for CAP– Countdown to June 30th
Wednesday, June 6th 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
Join us in welcoming back our industry and government leaders for the next discussion in our continuing EAS Webinar Series on Wednesday, June 6th, from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET! The event will be hosted by Manny Centeno of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Suzanne Goucher of NASBA and the Maine Association of Broadcasters (MAB).
The Webinar will discuss what EAS Participants need to know to ensure they are prepared to receive alert messages in Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) and will include presentations on the following topics:
· Antwane Johnson, FEMA IPAWS Director, will provide an overall update on IPAWS developments
· IPAWS Deputy Director, Wade Witmer and Engineering Branch Chief, Mark Lucero will discuss general EAS-CAP best-practices, EAS device configuration, and parallel operation of the EAS using traditional monitoring and CAP
· Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Public Safety & Homeland Security Bureau Policy Division Chief, Tom Beers and Associate Chief, Greg Cooke will address recent changes to Part 11 Rules governing EAS and what State and local Emergency Communications Committees should be aware of as they update their State EAS Plans
· Whit Adamson, President of the Tennessee Association of Broadcasters (TAB) will share the steps he has taken to develop local officials’ interest in using the EAS
· IPAWS Program Manager, Al Kenyon will provide an update on the Primary Entry Point (PEP) Expansion Program
What: FEMA IPAWS Special Event – Getting Ready for CAP: Countdown to June 30th
When: Wednesday, June 6, 2012; 4:00 PM-5:00 PM ET
Where: WebEx (This link will only be active the afternoon of June 6th) (https://eiip.webex.com/eiip/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=922661163)
NOTE: The audio portion of the program will be delivered via your computer speakers. Please review the instructions posted at:http://www.emforum.org/WebExInstructions.htm prior to the program.
Webinar Login: The following login link can be used not earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled meeting time: https://eiip.webex.com/eiip/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=922661163 The password is attend.