The MBA Paid internship Program is an educational program designed for students interested in pursuing a career in Over-the-Air Broadcasting or Communications. Over the course of the Summer or Fall semesters, students learn how a broadcast radio or television station operates. From the Sales Department, Traffic and Business Offices to Programming and Promotions, students will understand what keeps a radio or broadcast television station on the air.
Winning stations will be awarded $3,726 to cover 240 intern hours at $13.50/hr. and including 15% to cover any taxes or expenses related to hiring the intern.
Fill out the online form or download a station application below. Stations must submit the application by Friday, March 12. Prospective interns will apply directly to stations that receive a 2021 paid internship.
Five stations will be selected at random among those applying.
Note: Stations that have won an internship in previous years will not be eligible for a second intern until all qualifying stations have received an intern. If you want an intern, PLEASE APPLY EVERY YEAR as the MBA has no way of knowing when that may occur.
• March 12: Station’s application for internship program consideration due to MBA.
• March 19: Stations to be notified if they will receive intern, PSA scripts sent to stations
• Starting March 26 (or earlier if possible): Stations run PSA’s/Recruitment ads for their particular internship position; Stations to conduct interviews.
• June 4: Intern Acceptance Form for each participating station due to MBA. Failure to return the form by this date without prior consent from MBA may result in loss of funding for paid internship. Upon receipt of Acceptance form, checks will be distributed to stations to coincide with start of summer internships.
• August 15: Checks will be distributed to stations to coincide with fall internships.
*dates subject to change and internships dependent on COVID restrictions in Massachusetts