DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
The digital content producer (DCP) will write, produce, curate, optimize, publish, and monitor high-quality local, regional, and national news stories for distribution across ABC 6 News" digital platforms, including web, mobile, social, and emerging media properties.
The DCP works closely with the assignment desk, reporters, photographers, and multimedia journalists to create, publish, and promote digital content that is highly engaging and optimized.
- Strong digital publishing skills, including a solid understanding of SEO concepts, AP Style, headline-writing, and basic HTML
- Familiarity with WordPress, Adobe CS, Google Analytics, and/or other industry standard tools, as well as Microsoft Office
- 1-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced Newsroom environment is preferred
- Ideal candidates will have a degree in journalism, communications, digital media, or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- Strong leadership and communication skills; desire to grow with the company is a plus
- Candidates should be self-starters who are comfortable working both independently and with others in a fast-paced, remote work environment
- Desire to be a key part of an innovative, growing team of digital journalists and take on additional responsibilities over time
- Research, write, edit, and publish time-sensitive local, regional, and national news content, with a focus on clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style
- Curate and optimize national, regional, and local news stories for publication across multiple websites during key time periods. Some shifts may include early morning hours – 4 a.m. to noon EST and some weekends.
- Write highly effective headlines and story summaries and pitch stories to regional and national news sites
- Write, post, and monitor engaging social media content on multiple platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Post breaking news quickly and accurately while maintaining open communication with the ABC 6 newsroom staff as stories develop
- Optimize content structure, placement, metadata, hyperlinks, images etc.
- Monitor real-time analytical data to determine audience engagement patterns and make data-driven decisions to optimize content performance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Providence, RI 02904: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Journalism: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver"s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person