- January 7, 2014
As the local music director my responsibilities were to contact and promote bands in Maine and other parts of New England through social media, email, and phone calls. While serving as the production manager of WUMF my role intensified tenfold. I monitored day-to-day station maintenance, on-air performance of DJs, the recording audio logs to ensure that the music being played was FCC appropriate and reported to the College Music Journal (CMJ), and was also responsible for any disciplinary action if need be. I was also an on-air DJ on multiple shows that featured sports talk, classic rock, and modern rock respectively.
While at WUMF I was able to attend numerous concerts and conducted many interviews which have shown me that a career in radio is something I would love to do. The bands I have interviewed are, but are not limited to: Imagine Dragons, The Menzingers, Frank Turner, and Awolnation.
• Day-to-day maintenance of station format.
• Production of at-least one WUMF program guide (schedule) per semester.
• Responsible for creating and recording audio logs.
• Responsible for making sure WUMF is up and running 24/7.
• Improving on-air performance of DJs.
• Any disciplinary action taken in the event of DJs failure to meet the minimum requirements of DJ competency and responsibility as set forth by the WUMF Executive Board.
Local Music Director
• Contact bands/artists in the New England region via e-mail, networking and phone calls
• Promote bands/artists during weekly DJ meetings