- November 4, 2013
Scott Terrana Jr.
The University of Rhode Island – Kingston, RI (2008-2012)
* Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.) in Communication Studies
* Studied as part of the experiential learning program.
* Concentration in Human Psychological Studies as Minor field of study.
Rhode Island PBS (WSBE-DT) – Providence, RI 02907 (2013-present)
Master Control / Camera Operator / Technical setup & break-down
* Monitoring source playbacks across three live, simultaneous running broadcasts using Florical systems program “Airboss.”
* Operating Grass Valley LDK 6000 series studio cameras for in-house broadcasts.
* Quality checking archived programs for future dates via Omneon Video Networks Manager.
* Uploading programs via Rorke archive server using Flashnet transfer monitoring.
98.5 The Sports Hub (WBZ-FM) – Brighton, MA 02135 (Sept. 2011 – Jan. 2012)
* Screening calls for on-air guests, varying from listeners to experts.
* Charting each broadcast for potential future promos as well as cuts.
* Learning to edit audio for show’s nightly online podcast using Adobe Audition.
* Generating statistical analysis to aid conversational points during shows.
NBC 10 (WJAR-DT) – Cranston, RI 02910 (June 2011 – September 2011)
Sports Department Intern
* Rolling tape on any local events pertaining to nightly broadcasts.
* Learned basic shooting techniques and controls for field cameras.
* Acquired knowledge to record audio voice-overs via script writing.
* Produced a demo reel using obtained knowledge of audio and video editing via Avid.
90.7 WXIN-FM, RI College Radio, Providence, RI 02908 (2012-Present)
* Co-host – 15-minute weekly local sports segment during an R&B music program.
Ragtagradio.com – Internet Stream Network, http://www.ragtagradio.com (2009-2011)
* Host – Weekly three hour broadcast focusing on analytic perspectives of local, and national sports landscape. Frequently used social media to promote the show.
90.3 WRIU-FM, University of Rhode Island FM Radio, Kingston, RI (2008-2009)
* Host – Weekly three hour broadcast debating perspective on regional teams.
Personal: Offered public speaking internship by Communication Studies program director at the University of Rhode Island’s Academic Enhancement Center.
Technical: Capable of operating professional studio TV cameras, and audio booths.
Production: Knowledge of switchboard live producing, as well as audio editing techniques.
- Studied as part of experiential learning program.
- Offered public speaking internship by Communications Department course director at University Academic Enhancement Center.
- Took courses geared towards media & production.
- Concentration in Human Psychological Studies as Minor field of study.