- March 6, 2018
Roland G. Mathews, Jr.
East Windsor, CT 06088 | 860-965-0790 | [email protected]
Well rounded broadcasting and music production professional. Knowledgeable and experienced in the use and integration of music integration to drive products in advertising and sports on TV. Highly creative developer of programming and advertising on all media. Expertise in music file editing, production of music jingles, and the writing of lyrics for Hip Hop, Pop, and R&B recording artists. On-air talent with self-producing ability.
Social Media Platforms On-Air Talent On-Air Commercial Production
Music / Audio Editing Music Lyrics DJ Drops / DJ Intros
Digital Media Podcast Production On-Air Promotions
Marketing / Promotions Pop Culture Board Operation
Audio Library Management Radio Production MS Office Suite
Adobe Audition Pro Tools / NexGen ENCO / Digicart
ESPN CREATIVE SERVICES (ESPN MUSIC) 12/2014 – 09/2017
MUSIC ASSISTANT/SEGMENT SCRIPT WRITER
• CONCEPT CREATOR AND SCRIPT WRITER FOR NEW SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN RAP BATTLE SEGMENT
• Select music and provide suggestions for multiple ESPN productions.
• Support producers with the production of live and taped studio shows and remote events.
• Cut show elements and select materials for bumps and roll-outs.
• Provide timely, accurate delivery of multimedia elements to various platforms.
• Edit music cuts for thematic, commercial and library packages.
• Oversee the management of digital audio resources.
• Organize and distribute music packages for assigned productions.
• Serve as the liaison between the department and music library vendors.
• Research, write, and disseminate ideas for future broadcast content.
RAINMAKERS MUSIC GROUP 2/2006 – CURRENT
MUSIC / RADIO PRODUCER & ON-AIR PERSONALITY
• Write, record and produce commercials, jingles, and DJ drops for DJs around the country and SiriusXM.
• Plan and host radio shows three nights per week by reviewing social media to see what is trending.
• Create promotions, research and program content, including audio and music editing.
• Write music lyrics for pop, R&B, and hip hop music artists by creating music themes and mood.
• Oversee and orchestrate radio show features by organizing music choices, guests, timing, and topics.
• Produce recorded content including radio commercials and commercial bumpers.
CBS RADIO WZMX HOT 93.7FM 5/2003 – 11/2005
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT / PROMOTIONS DEPARTMENT / INTERN
• Wrote, recorded, and produced on-air commercials for advertisers.
• Produced and voiced track station liners, jingles, doughnuts, and sweepers for broadcast.
• Generated original ideas and determined creative ways to communicate to audiences.
• Applied excellent writing and storytelling skills, tailoring content for audiences and platforms.
• Managed client briefings, pitched ideas, and write scripts.
• Appeared at community events, interacted with the community to promote the station.
NEWBURY COLLEGE, BROOKLINE, MA – Radio Communication
UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS, NEW ORLEANS, LA – Radio Communication