- June 19, 2019
I have been told on several occasions, whether jokingly or not, that I have a face for radio. Luckily, I have a voice for radio as well. I have dreamed of a career in broadcasting for sometime, and as a young teenager I even got a special opportunity to be part of a kid's sports-talk show on the radio. Since then, my interest has skyrocketed. I was majorly involved in my college's student radio station, Boston University's WTBU, and have done broadcasts for junior hockey, the NWHL, the NPSL, and Stonehill College in the two years following my graduation. I have also interned at local Boston radio station WEEI and understand what goes into the digital side of a radio station. My credentials and past experience are second-to-none, and I believe I am more than qualified to fill the position.
- Manage social media channels for the club, creating continuous engagement on social media and forming a new hashtag for the club
- Handle play-by-play duties as well as on-camera interviews before and after home games
- Light web-building work using WordPress and HTML coding
- Posted frequent organic and push content to social media and web platforms and engineered successful SEO practices
- Planned, shot, and edited several videos for use on the company website, YouTube page.
- Organized monthly newsletter, including features on user group programs and virtual rink tours.
- Light graphic design work, creating informative visuals and GIFs for social media and the website utilizing Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Prepare stats and notes for use on air or in graphics during the broadcast stream encompassing a unique angle
- Monitor news wire for breaking stories and crafting short web posts for some stories while alerting my editor of bigger stories
- Create photo galleries online and on social media using USA Today provided imagery
- Cover live events and write feature stories or sidebars with interviews following the events
- Served as an associate editor to help post content and appropriate times
- Helped plan content for different websites giving other contributors opportunities to create interesting stories as well as ensure the websites were consistently pushing out new content
- Live event coverage on social media and writing stories
- Building relationships with area coaches and athletic directors
- Assigned to various sport beats for football, hockey, and softball
- Write general assignment stories on all topics both from an office setting and from out in the field.
- Build relationships with my editors to ensure accuracy and the composition of a successful article.
- Receptionist work, fielding phone calls from readers, other reporters.
- Update statistical information in the Globe Sports database.
- Manage and use the @GlobeSchools twitter account to share information with readers.