WICN Public Radio is seeking a dynamic Underwriting Manager to join our team! As Worcester’s only NPR affiliate, WICN is a unique nonprofit media company with a dedicated audience of listeners and members as well as a growing online presence.
If you’re ready to knock down doors to generate new Underwriting revenue, able to build a rapport with everyone you speak with and create new opportunities to grow this gem of a radio station, we want to speak with you!
The Underwriting Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Steward and grow existing Underwriting accounts and provide outstanding account service
- Secure new underwriting accounts (Pitches/Proposals/Contracts), write copy and coordinate with Production on spot schedules
- Coordinate trade components with Underwriters
- Manage all underwriting Traffic (familiarity with Natural Log software a plus but not required)
- Generate confirmations for clients from Natural Log
- Update logs daily as needed
- Reconcile spots & run reconciliation reports
- Invoice clients
- Achieve operational and revenue goals and assist with collections
- Secure sponsorships for WICN Studio 50 live concerts, station special events, and develop digital media sales opportunities
- On-air second voice during Membership drives and spot voiceovers when needed (experience not needed; we will train you).
WICN Public Radio is New England’s NPR affiliate Jazz+, broadcasting from Worcester, MA to the Greater Worcester region, Metro West, The Blackstone Valley, Route 495 and Route 9 Corridors, and the fringes of Boston, NH, RI, and CT. WICN streams live to the world via wicn.org.
The Underwriting Manager’s primary responsibility is the development and stewardship of business support for the radio station through cold calling, managing, and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets, targeting best prospects, identifying clients’ needs, and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs.
This individual is also held accountable for achieving revenue targets and collecting on the accounts. A successful candidate must be creative, proactive, self-motivated, driven to win, disciplined, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position is 30 hours per week.
Compensation for this position includes a base plus commission.
The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal-driven, and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace and be cooperative and productive.
In addition, the right candidate must have:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proven interpersonal marketing and sales skills
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Prior experience in sales/marketing
- Proficiency with MS office products
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume supporting preferred qualifications to email@example.com.
WICN Public Radio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WICN Public Radio is looking for organizations that regularly distribute information about job opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer. If your organization would like to receive notifications of job vacancies at WICN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WICN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.