The Creative Services Department at WLNE-TV ABC6 is responsible for all creative assets and promotional elements involved in the marketing of the station. This includes but is not limited to station image, news promotion, topical production, and commercial production.
A Topical Producer at WLNE-TV ABC6 will be primarily responsible for the writing of news topicals throughout the week. News topicals are quick (4 to 30 second) promos that air during the daytime and primetime hours that advertise compelling news coverage throughout the day. Production involves coordinating with the news department to develop teasable content that will drive viewers to early and late evening newscasts. This includes writing daily scripts that appeal to the viewer in order to draw in and maintain viewer interest, and collecting news content from producers and reporters in the field to produce content ready for air.
Topicals are the backbone of news promotion, driving excitement to the newscasts, lifting station talent, and developing and maintaining brand recognition. Content and talent only thrive with well thought-out topical production and marketing.
Other responsibilities may involve assisting with commercial productions, station promotion, image campaigns, and any other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
· Work with the Creative Services and News teams to write, produce and edit daily news topicals.
· Attend daily news editorial meetings.
· Produce graphic and video elements for air, web, and social media.
· Assist Creative Services team with larger commercial and promotional projects.
· Work with Creative Services and Operations teams to maintain standard practices.
· Performs other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
· Must have the ability to work flexible hours (i.e. nights and weekends) when needed.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines on a daily basis.
· Strong desire to learn new skills.
· Can work independently or as a member of a team.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Practical experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
· Familiarity with professional camera, lighting, and sound equipment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Film, or related field.
· 2-4 years of experience in Video Production, Broadcast, Digital Marketing, or related field.
· Valid driver’s license.
WLNE-TV / ABC6 is and equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume to and state referring source.
WLNE-TV / ABC6
10 Orms Street
Providence, RI 02904