BROADCAST CHIEF ENGINEER
WLNE-TV in Providence, Rhode Island is looking for a full time Broadcast Chief Engineer to perform various duties for support of the station, and to manage the installation and setup of digital broadcast systems. This position will manage the technical, IT and operational engineering staff. In addition to oversight of technical and engineering operations, the position will also serve as the lead for security, infrastructure, logistics planning of special events and capital projects. The Chief Engineer is responsible for protecting the station’s FCC license, ensuring high-quality broadcast standards and maintaining the facility, reports directly to the General Manager and assists in achieving station and departmental objectives and priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure high-reliability operations of the television station, including all technical equipment in the studio, transmitter facilities, satellite downlinks and microwave/IP transmission systems
· Ensure FCC compliance and safety of equipment at all sites.
· Be able to operate, maintain, and repair various components of broadcast tv and audio equipment
· Act as IT Manager to oversee the IT infrastructure including telephone systems, network, and end user support issues.
· Install, manage and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows OS.
· Serve Engineering, Production, News, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services.
· Work closely with Corporate Engineering team to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
· Maintain Master Control playout systems, News content storage and playout system, Newsroom server system, graphics and editing systems.
· Ensure proper maintenance of all mechanical, HVAC, power and other building systems.
· Capital planning, execution, and project management with the collaboration of all other departments
· Technical and engineering operational budget management.
· Develop and maintain a 5-year technical plan.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Requires a minimum 5 years of related experience in television engineering systems and/or college degree in Electronics
o An equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make sound decisions under pressure
· Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams