Please apply at iHeartMedia.com career page.
We are looking for a creative, innovative self-starter who can coordinate our production department and work with our sales department and on-air talent to take our radio commercial production to the next level! We also need that candidate to be a strong on-air personality that can relate to the target demos of our Classic Hits station, WCIB-FM!
- Create radio advertising/promotional spots for orders received from account executives
- Assign spots to on-air staff on a rotation basis and/or by personal requests made by account executives
- Work with the Business Manager to book appointments with clients for production times
- Use good interpersonal skills to work with station clients to help them voice their own commercial spots
- Use Total Traffic Network spreadsheets to insure that all traffic/weather sponsorships are updated each week
- May be required to coordinate production work between departments and/or outside parties
- Assure production is complete on a timely basis
- Work with the Traffic Director and Continuity Director to develop daily logs and confirm all missing reports are cleared at the end of each day
- Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
- Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with WCIB's Classic Hits format and targeted demographic audience.
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
- Maintains a website personality page
- Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events
- Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public
- Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms
- On call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen & Adobe Audition
- Socially informed and in tune daily with the local and national trends
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- 2+ years of experience in radio production, on-air broadcast and/or communications
- Audio demo of production and on-air work a necessity
Hyannis, MA: 154 Barnstable Road, 02601
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Other Career Resources: